This fourth of July don’t forget to show your patriotic colors: Red, White and Blue!
Red: Grab a powerful red lipstick to wear out to a picnic or a baseball game.
Mac in Russian Red is a hot lipstick shade that looks great on all skin types!
White: Spritz on a light refreshing summer scent like Bvlgari Eau Parfumee White Tea.
Bvlgari breezy sexy scent is a delicate mixture of White Tea, and White Pepper with light notes of amber, wood and musk.
Bvlgari Eau Parfumee in White Tea emodies a soothing, unisex scent that captures the essence of summertime romance.
Blue: Complete your patriotic look with a blue nail polish like Sephora by OPI new nail polish shade in Underwater Fantasy.
To read more about Sephora by OPI nail polish best shades click here!
So you want to be an Aphrodite or an Athena?
These 5 Steps will help turn you into the revered golden goddess you have always wanted to be!
Step 1: Glow for it
Get your skin glowing and bronzed like a golden goddess
Click to read How to Get a Natural Bronze
Step 2: Get Grecian hair
Use a beach spray product to get that windswept Grecian Island look like David Babaii for Wildaid Bohemian Beach Spray.
Flickr photo by dugspr — in Osaka
Thickly braid some of your wild hair along the crown of your head. Add flowers.
Step 3: Put on your linen toga and strappy sandals
Find a sexy toga-style Grecian gown to adorn your golden limps. And don’t forget the goddess accessories like strappy sandals and golden bangles.
Step 4: Create a goddess table of wine and food
Find a recipe that includes honey and cheese then pair it with a golden nectar (wine). One example is to take goat cheese or cream cheese add some spice like jalapeno jelly, cover with toasted nuts, and drizzle with honey.
Keep your eating space simple and ancient. No need for silly cheese knifes. A cutting board and a barberic cutting tool will work just fine.
Don’t forget the fruit! Grapes and berries make for a luscious spread.
Step 5: Annoint your lover with oil
Ancient greeks annointed themselves with rich oils like olive oil. You can recreate this ancient tradition using an formula with a aphrodisiac twist like The Body Shop’s Sensual Massage oil. Made with Olive Oil and a blend of sweet smelling ingredients like Tahitian vanilla known for its aphrodiasiac qualities, this massage oil will definetly make you a Grecian Goddes of love.
Read about Olive Oil Extract and why the ancient greeks used it to highlight their physic.
So you want to glow like a Grecian Godess without looking baked like a fried up tanning bed addict…
Here are five ways to get a natural bronze:
1 – Use sunscreen…wait, what? sunscreen? Yes, sunscreen. When you are are outside under the sun, even if you have suncreen on, you will still get a tan. So don’t burn and don’t stay indoors. Use sunscreen and you will get a softer, more natural tan.
2 – Exfoliate. Don’t let dead tan skin hang around. Ug, I think that’s a terrible way to put it. But seriously, exfoliate in the shower to keep the blood flowing and the skin glowing. Plus the more you exfoliate, the better the tan.
3 – Use lotion with a glow factor. Try The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Everyday Summer Body Lotion which moisturizes with cocoa butter and Vitamin E as well as gradually building your tan.
4 – Dust yourself with gold. Try an all over face and body dust, like Urban Decay Baked Bronzer for Face and Body. Baked in old fashioned ovens in Italy, this special body bronzer will leave your skin a sheer golden that glows.
5 – Turn bad sun…good. Use an after sun product like Clarins SOS Sunburn Healer or After Sun Gel Ultra-Soothing to turn around the harsh effects of sun by soothing with healing ingredients such as aloe, shea butter, avacado, and orange.
UP NEXT: Click here to find out Beauty Critics Top 5 Bronzers
1. Sephora Favorites and Best of Sephora: If you do a search for Best of Sephora on Sephora’s website you can find Sephora’s Favorites which also includes beauty products that have won their Best of Sephora seal. Throughout the years I have used Sephora Favorites to find great, quality beauty products that have actually become some of my favorites. In their Complexion catergory under Foundation, BareMinerals SPF 15, a Best of Sephora winner, is my favorite summer time foundation. Another product I love in this catergory under Tinted Moisturizer is Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer which also happened to win Best of Sephora. Lastly, another favorite I share with Sephora is Nars Blush in Orgasm which won also won Best of Sephora and happens to be Sephora’s Favorite Blush.
2. Top Ten Lists: Recently I stumbled upon their Top Ten Lists which really excited me. Sephora’s Top Ten Lists include the following categories: Suncreens, Most Searched For Products, Bronzers, Value Sets, Moisturizers, Basics, Tools, and Natural & Organic. Sephora’s Top 10 Most Searched For Products is a great way to find products that others are seaking out and totally gives me beauty inspiration. Sephora’s Top 10 Value Sets are a great way to find great deals on products you already love. Sephora’s Top 10 Bronzers introduce me to bronzers and bronzer shades I had never even heard of before! And of course, I love, love, love their Top 10 Natural & Organic List which includes some of my favorites like Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment and Plantlove Bake Illuminator.
3. Sephora Picks: Basically a random list of around 40 products that Sephora lists as their picks. I love finding fun little things to try like LAVANILA deodorant in Lavender, Coconut, Vanilla etc.
4. Best Sellers: A list of Sephora’s best selling products by category. This list is buyer driven so you can definetly find what products millions love and continue to use. A few examples: Dior DiorShow Mascara, Nars Blush, Clarins Self Tanning Instant Gel, Fresh Brown Sugar Body Polish, Go Smile and much much more. AND..there is an awesome “Men” Category of Best Sellers which has totally great products!
5. Ratings & Reviews: The awesome thing about Sephora is customers can review the products they buy. Sephora currently has over 300,000 reviews. You can find reviews on any product, by categories, or by Sephora’s list of either Most Popular Products or by Top Rated Products. Most Popular Products are beauty products that have recieved a significant amount of popular votes such as Sephora by OPI Nail Color. Top Rated Products have a few votes but all the votes are the highest rated. I would definetly spend time exploring their Most Popular Products list where thousands of customers have reviewed and rated these products.
6. What’s Hot Now: Sephora’s What’s Hot Now section is a great seasonal way to stay current with the trends. It features great categories like Summer Fragrances, Get Your Bronze On and Summer Hair Savers.
So now go explore Sephora! And let me know if you find your favorite new product!