Two celebrities that are bringing you safe, non-toxic beauty products are Josie Maran and Stella McCartney.
Josie Maran, former supermodel, has created a makeup line which embodies green beauty. She uses organic botanical ingredients like Vitamin E, Coconut Oil and Aloe. Natural ingredients along with eco-friendly packaging create the perfect line of beauty products. You can find Josie Maran’s green makeup line at department stores and Sephora. Josie Maran Tinted Moisturizer shown above.
Care, an organic skin care line from Stella McCartney, is an environmentally friendly approach to skincare. Stella McCartney keeps the environment at the forefront by combining a natural skin care line and a recycle program. Her green beauty products are free from chemical preservatives and parabens without sacrificing luxury. Stella’s Care line includes a three step program to cleanse, tone and rescue & revitalize using ingredients like Grape Seed Oil, Vitamin C, and Green Tea. You will be able to find Stella McCartney Care at Sephora.
Five Benefits Moisturizing Cream by Care by Stella McCartney shown above.
1. Sephora Favorites and Best of Sephora: If you do a search for Best of Sephora on Sephora’s website you can find Sephora’s Favorites which also includes beauty products that have won their Best of Sephora seal. Throughout the years I have used Sephora Favorites to find great, quality beauty products that have actually become some of my favorites. In their Complexion catergory under Foundation, BareMinerals SPF 15, a Best of Sephora winner, is my favorite summer time foundation. Another product I love in this catergory under Tinted Moisturizer is Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer which also happened to win Best of Sephora. Lastly, another favorite I share with Sephora is Nars Blush in Orgasm which won also won Best of Sephora and happens to be Sephora’s Favorite Blush.
2. Top Ten Lists: Recently I stumbled upon their Top Ten Lists which really excited me. Sephora’s Top Ten Lists include the following categories: Suncreens, Most Searched For Products, Bronzers, Value Sets, Moisturizers, Basics, Tools, and Natural & Organic. Sephora’s Top 10 Most Searched For Products is a great way to find products that others are seaking out and totally gives me beauty inspiration. Sephora’s Top 10 Value Sets are a great way to find great deals on products you already love. Sephora’s Top 10 Bronzers introduce me to bronzers and bronzer shades I had never even heard of before! And of course, I love, love, love their Top 10 Natural & Organic List which includes some of my favorites like Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment and Plantlove Bake Illuminator.
3. Sephora Picks: Basically a random list of around 40 products that Sephora lists as their picks. I love finding fun little things to try like LAVANILA deodorant in Lavender, Coconut, Vanilla etc.
4. Best Sellers: A list of Sephora’s best selling products by category. This list is buyer driven so you can definetly find what products millions love and continue to use. A few examples: Dior DiorShow Mascara, Nars Blush, Clarins Self Tanning Instant Gel, Fresh Brown Sugar Body Polish, Go Smile and much much more. AND..there is an awesome “Men” Category of Best Sellers which has totally great products!
5. Ratings & Reviews: The awesome thing about Sephora is customers can review the products they buy. Sephora currently has over 300,000 reviews. You can find reviews on any product, by categories, or by Sephora’s list of either Most Popular Products or by Top Rated Products. Most Popular Products are beauty products that have recieved a significant amount of popular votes such as Sephora by OPI Nail Color. Top Rated Products have a few votes but all the votes are the highest rated. I would definetly spend time exploring their Most Popular Products list where thousands of customers have reviewed and rated these products.
6. What’s Hot Now: Sephora’s What’s Hot Now section is a great seasonal way to stay current with the trends. It features great categories like Summer Fragrances, Get Your Bronze On and Summer Hair Savers.
So now go explore Sephora! And let me know if you find your favorite new product!
Bravadora wants to know…which do you prefer?…
Take the poll below and find out which one ranks highest amoung Bravadora readers…please leave your comments as well
Read more about Bravadora’s Estee Lauder Verses Clinque challenge in Part One and Part Two…click here to begin!
Cargo Cosmetics Plant Love collection has received Sephora’s Natural Ingredient Seal of Approval and here are some reasons why Bravadora has given Cargo Plant Love its seal of approval:
1. Made with natural ingredients: Cargo Plant Love cosmetics are made with natural and organic ingredients like Cocoa Butter, Evening Primrose Oil, and Grape Seed Oil. And it is formulated without the nasty ingredients like parabens, sulfates, and synthetic fragrances and dyes.
2. Lipstick tube containers are better for the environment: Lipstick containers are made from corn (a renewable resource) not plastic! Plus it is greenhouse gas neutral. And they look pretty in your purse!
3. Wildflowers! The paper boxes that the lipstick comes in can be planted and will sprout wildflowers!
4. Lipstick colors are designed by celebrities and inspired by nature: Cargo’s Plant Love lipstick collection is inspired by actress like Courtney Cox, Lindsay Lohan, and Evangeline Lilly. And 9 of the colors are inspired by ecological beauty such as Joshua Tree (a shimmering cinnamon sand).
5. Cargo Plant Love has already won over beauty critics: Cargo Plant Love has been nominated as Best of Sephora 2007 and Instyle Magazine Best of Beauty 2009 for Best Green Makeup Line.
6. $2 of every lipstick sale is donated to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital: Cargo is making a difference by donating to the world’s premier pediatric cancer research center.
You can find Cargo’s Plant Love Collection at Sephora.com! And checkout the Fire Collection, with hot new sizzling makeup shades!
Click here to read about Almay Pure Blends, a less expensive alternative to natural makeup in Bravadora’s article: Almay Pure Blends Brings Natual to Drugstores.
Sephora now has a seal of approval for all products that have naturally derived formulas. They have over 1,400 products for sale that meet this requirement.
With so many products getting Sephora’s Natural Ingredient Seal of Approval, I was a bit suspicious of their requirements.
Is this seal something that I will use to determine what beauty products I buy? Sadly, the answer is no. Sephora says their “natural brands” include powerful formulas of antioxidants, botanicals and essential oils with fewer to no GMO’s.
Bottom line, almost every beauty product now claims to have some “powerful” ingredient,” but if Sephora’s Natural Ingredient Seal of Approval fails to weed out ALL products that contain parabens, petrochemicals, sulfates, etc. than really what is the point?