Two celebrities that are bringing you safe, non-toxic beauty products are Josie Maran and Stella McCartney.
Josie Maran, former supermodel, has created a makeup line which embodies green beauty. She uses organic botanical ingredients like Vitamin E, Coconut Oil and Aloe. Natural ingredients along with eco-friendly packaging create the perfect line of beauty products. You can find Josie Maran’s green makeup line at department stores and Sephora. Josie Maran Tinted Moisturizer shown above.
Care, an organic skin care line from Stella McCartney, is an environmentally friendly approach to skincare. Stella McCartney keeps the environment at the forefront by combining a natural skin care line and a recycle program. Her green beauty products are free from chemical preservatives and parabens without sacrificing luxury. Stella’s Care line includes a three step program to cleanse, tone and rescue & revitalize using ingredients like Grape Seed Oil, Vitamin C, and Green Tea. You will be able to find Stella McCartney Care at Sephora.
Five Benefits Moisturizing Cream by Care by Stella McCartney shown above.
Best Facial Toner for Dry Skin: Murad Hydrating Toner
Murad’s Hydrating Toner helps to combat hormonal aging and keeps the skin balanced and supple. Ingredients include chamomile and cucumber which help to keep skin feeling both soothed and rejuvenated.
Best Facial Toner for Normal Skin or All Skin Types: Dermalogica Multi-Active Toner
Dermalogica’s Multi-Active Toner has won rave reviews from beauty critics and gained popularity with magazines like Elle and Instyle Magazine. This toner is great for all skin types and includes great toning ingredients like aloe vera, lavender, cucumber, and arnica.
Read more about why Bravadora loves Dermalogica here! Or read Bravadora’s review on Dermalogica’s Daily Microfoliant here!
Best Facial Toner for Oily or Acne-prone Skin: Proactiv Revitalizing Toner
Proactiv Solutions 3 Step Program for acne treatment includes the very popular Proactiv Revitalizing Toner which was Instyle Magazine 2009 Best Beauty Buy for Oily Skin. This toner works to eliminate acne by preventing dead skin from your pores. Ingredients include witch hazel, which combats oiliness and aloe vera which soothes the skin and removes bacteria causing dirt.
Read more about Rosewater toners here!
1. Best Overall Bronzer: Guerlian Terracotta
Winning awards from Allure Magazine, Instyle Magazine and Sephora in the best bronzer category, Guerlian Terracotta has gained a massive following.
“Every 30 seconds all over the world a Terracotta is sold!” (Guerlian)
This moisturizing bronzer is long lasting, comes in 6 different shades and gives you a year round tan.
Click here to read more about Guerlian Terracotta on Bravadora!
2. Best Shimmer Bronzer: Bobbi Brown Bronze Shimmer Brick
The original shimmer brick that started off all the buzz, Bobbi Brown Bronze Shimmer Brick creates a deep shimmery bronze glow. This shimmer brick set off a makeup trend that captured beauty editors attention. Due to the popularity of the original shimmer brick, Bobbi Brown created 6 other shimmer bricks in addition to the Bronze Shimmer Brick.
Read more about why Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick is one of Bravadora’s Eight Most Demanded Beauty Products here!
3. Best Matte Bronzer: Mac Bronzing Powder in Matte Bronze
This lightly frosted bronzing powder is ideal for enhancing a tan. Mac Bronzing Powder in Matte Bronze is described by Mac as “bare shouldered bronze” and is a long time favorite of Mac customers. This bronzing powder gives the skin a smooth even tone while conditioning skin.
4. Best Anti-Aging Bronzer: Cargo Bronzer
Cargo Bronzer is made with a touch of iridescent shimmer which gives skin a youthful glow and is made with Vitamin E, an antioxidant that helps to keep the skin conditioned and fight against the damages of free radicals. Cargo’s Bronzer has won awards such as Glam.com Editors Pick and Best of Sephora 2008. Cargo’s best selling product comes four skin illuminating shades.
Read more about the benefits of Vitamin E on Bravadora here!
5. Best Natural Looking Bronzer: Hoola by Benefit
Benefit’s ever popular Boxed Powder Collection features great hits including Hoola, a natural looking bronzing powder. Hoola by Benefit is a best of Sephora winner and reviews rave about its natural, seamless blending quality.
Which one is your favorite? Take the Bravadora Best Bronzer Poll and find out which one is in the lead!
If you want to find green beauty products at your local drugstore then look no further. Bravadora has found green products with great natural ingredients in every category all available at your local Target or RiteAid. These products are all under $20 and work just as well or even better than all of the expensive brands. Better yet, they are greener and earth-friendlier than other drugstore products.
1. Face: Jason Red Elements Hydrating Night Creme with Red Tea Extract. Jason Natural product line is pure, natural and organic. Jason’s Red Elements skin care line features Red Tea Extract from South Africa and Copper, a great ingredient for wrinkle reduction. Jason Red Elements is hypo-allergenic and paraben free. 1.5oz container is around $20 at RiteAid or online at jason-natural.com.
2. Hair: David Babaii for WildAid Hydrating Shampoo. David Babii and Kate Hudson teamed up to create an inexpensive green product with natural ingredients like Cupaucu Butter from the South American Amazon, Wild Orchid, and Blue Algea Extract. This hair care line works awesome and 10% of profits go to benefit the WildAid Foundation. Hair products are sulfate and paraben free. Read more about David Babii for WildAid Hair Care here! You can buy a 13.5oz bottle for less than $10 at RiteAid or online at davidbabaii.com.
3. Skin: Kiehl’s Creme de Corps. One of Kiehl’s most popular products is Kiehl’s Creme de Corps body lotion made with natural ingredients like beta-carotene (found in carrot juice…read why carrot juice helps keep your tan here) which helps keep your skin glowing, cocoa butter, and sesame oil. You can find a 2.5 oz bottle for $9 at Target or online at kiehls.com.
4. Makeup: Almay Pure Blends Blush/Bronzer Almay Pure Blends offer a great green drugstore beauty product that you can find anywhere. Pure blends features natural ingredients like flower and fruit extracts (Acai, Orchid, and Lotus). Almay Pure Blend makeup products come in eco-friendly packages made from recycled materal. Read more about Almay Pure Blends on Bravadora here!
Laura Mercier has a new spring makeup collection called Gilded Garden which features bold florals and shimmery glamour.
Start with the Laura Mercier Gilded Garden Mosiac Shimmer Bloc shown above, which gives a soft floral glow to the skin.
Then add a trendy yellow to the eye like Laura Mercier Luster Eye Color in Marigold.
Punch it up with bright lip color like Laura Mercier Lip Color Stickgloss in Azeala or Lip Stain in Hibiscus.
Pick up the Gilded Garden Collection by Laura Mercier online or at Macy’s.