Two celebrities that are bringing you safe, non-toxic beauty products are Josie Maran and Stella McCartney.
Josie Maran, former supermodel, has created a makeup line which embodies green beauty. She uses organic botanical ingredients like Vitamin E, Coconut Oil and Aloe. Natural ingredients along with eco-friendly packaging create the perfect line of beauty products. You can find Josie Maran’s green makeup line at department stores and Sephora. Josie Maran Tinted Moisturizer shown above.
Care, an organic skin care line from Stella McCartney, is an environmentally friendly approach to skincare. Stella McCartney keeps the environment at the forefront by combining a natural skin care line and a recycle program. Her green beauty products are free from chemical preservatives and parabens without sacrificing luxury. Stella’s Care line includes a three step program to cleanse, tone and rescue & revitalize using ingredients like Grape Seed Oil, Vitamin C, and Green Tea. You will be able to find Stella McCartney Care at Sephora.
Five Benefits Moisturizing Cream by Care by Stella McCartney shown above.
Physicians Formula Organic Wear beats Almay Pure Blends in the race to bring natural mascara to drugstores everywhere.
Physicians Formula has created a new organic makeup line that includes their Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Mascara complete in a cool looking tube and eco-friendly brush that is 100% recylable.
Not only has Physicans Formula created their Organic Mascara to bring length and volume to your lashes, but finally they give us a mascara 100% free of chemicals, synthetic preservatives, parabens, and other toxic dyes. Ingredients include orange fruit water, beeswax, jojoba, aloe vera, cucumber, and olive leaf extract.
For $10 you can pick up a tube of the Organic Mascara at local drugstores and it is hyperallerginc and safe for contact wearers and sensitive eyes!
Read more articles on beauty products for the eyes on Bravadora right HERE!
UPDATE: Almay Pure Blends has introduced a their new Pure Blends Volumizing Mascara which is a hypoallergenic, 97.5% natural made with antioxidants like Lotus, Acai, and Orchid and features a container that is made from 36% recycled material. Mascara colors come in black, black-brown, and brown.
If you want to find green beauty products at your local drugstore then look no further. Bravadora has found green products with great natural ingredients in every category all available at your local Target or RiteAid. These products are all under $20 and work just as well or even better than all of the expensive brands. Better yet, they are greener and earth-friendlier than other drugstore products.
1. Face: Jason Red Elements Hydrating Night Creme with Red Tea Extract. Jason Natural product line is pure, natural and organic. Jason’s Red Elements skin care line features Red Tea Extract from South Africa and Copper, a great ingredient for wrinkle reduction. Jason Red Elements is hypo-allergenic and paraben free. 1.5oz container is around $20 at RiteAid or online at jason-natural.com.
2. Hair: David Babaii for WildAid Hydrating Shampoo. David Babii and Kate Hudson teamed up to create an inexpensive green product with natural ingredients like Cupaucu Butter from the South American Amazon, Wild Orchid, and Blue Algea Extract. This hair care line works awesome and 10% of profits go to benefit the WildAid Foundation. Hair products are sulfate and paraben free. Read more about David Babii for WildAid Hair Care here! You can buy a 13.5oz bottle for less than $10 at RiteAid or online at davidbabaii.com.
3. Skin: Kiehl’s Creme de Corps. One of Kiehl’s most popular products is Kiehl’s Creme de Corps body lotion made with natural ingredients like beta-carotene (found in carrot juice…read why carrot juice helps keep your tan here) which helps keep your skin glowing, cocoa butter, and sesame oil. You can find a 2.5 oz bottle for $9 at Target or online at kiehls.com.
4. Makeup: Almay Pure Blends Blush/Bronzer Almay Pure Blends offer a great green drugstore beauty product that you can find anywhere. Pure blends features natural ingredients like flower and fruit extracts (Acai, Orchid, and Lotus). Almay Pure Blend makeup products come in eco-friendly packages made from recycled materal. Read more about Almay Pure Blends on Bravadora here!
Cargo Cosmetics Plant Love collection has received Sephora’s Natural Ingredient Seal of Approval and here are some reasons why Bravadora has given Cargo Plant Love its seal of approval:
1. Made with natural ingredients: Cargo Plant Love cosmetics are made with natural and organic ingredients like Cocoa Butter, Evening Primrose Oil, and Grape Seed Oil. And it is formulated without the nasty ingredients like parabens, sulfates, and synthetic fragrances and dyes.
2. Lipstick tube containers are better for the environment: Lipstick containers are made from corn (a renewable resource) not plastic! Plus it is greenhouse gas neutral. And they look pretty in your purse!
3. Wildflowers! The paper boxes that the lipstick comes in can be planted and will sprout wildflowers!
4. Lipstick colors are designed by celebrities and inspired by nature: Cargo’s Plant Love lipstick collection is inspired by actress like Courtney Cox, Lindsay Lohan, and Evangeline Lilly. And 9 of the colors are inspired by ecological beauty such as Joshua Tree (a shimmering cinnamon sand).
5. Cargo Plant Love has already won over beauty critics: Cargo Plant Love has been nominated as Best of Sephora 2007 and Instyle Magazine Best of Beauty 2009 for Best Green Makeup Line.
6. $2 of every lipstick sale is donated to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital: Cargo is making a difference by donating to the world’s premier pediatric cancer research center.
You can find Cargo’s Plant Love Collection at Sephora.com! And checkout the Fire Collection, with hot new sizzling makeup shades!
Click here to read about Almay Pure Blends, a less expensive alternative to natural makeup in Bravadora’s article: Almay Pure Blends Brings Natual to Drugstores.